Letters From the Almoner takes a page from the writings of C. S. Lewis and lets you read over the shoulder of parish priest and a determined volunteer as they get fundraising advice from the professional fundraiser at the parish - the Almoner. Mixing anecdote with concrete planning and a splash of theology, Letters From the Almoner will give you tips on fundraising that work in real life. I know, because I've tried them all.
Letters from the Almoner was written with the non-professional fundraiser in mind. It showcases more ideas than you can possibly use at one time, but will help you see how different approaches to fundraising can work together in the whirlwind of parish life.
Topics covered in the book include:
- What's the difference between "Stewardship" and "Fundraising"? Why is that important, and do you really need both?
- Why are bake sales and other types of charitable enterprise not REALLY fundraising, and what alternatives does a parish have?
- What is "Major Gift Fundraising" and is this a something that a small parish can do effectively?
- How can "Personal Support Fundraising" transform your parish ministries and give them the resources that they need to survive?
- Should a parish move beyond the offertory basket and into the digital age with online giving and monthly recurring donations?
- How can grant writing bring additional funding from outside sources to help with big projects?
I hope you enjoy the book! It is now available on Amazon Kindle and paperback.
Need some new ideas on how to fundraise? Check out The Fundraiser’s Playbook and find the fundraising strategy that will work best for you!
© Image Copyright 2018 The Almoner. All rights reserved.